Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An Introduction

So I'm giving this a try at the suggestion of another writer I know.  My name is Morgana and I'm a writer.  I've been suffering from writer's block for a while now and it's really getting to me.  My intention for this blog is to provide a journal to use, to keep my thoughts flowing and to maybe get some feedback or suggestions from other people out there.  I know this whole writing process takes time, but I really want to accomplish something with my writing.  So many books have influenced me, taken me to a different world, a different place, where the characters really got to me.  That's all I want to do, to know that there is at least one person out there who felt something from my work.

Being twenty three, I'm trying to balance working full time at a job I love, despite the little headaches any job provides, spending time with my friends and working on my writing.  Some days it feels next to impossible.  Life keeps throwing me curve balls and I'm doing my best to hit them all.  Living on Long Island isn't the easiest most days, but I'm trying because I grew up here; this is everything I know.  One day there will be time for an adventure, but not now.

I have two projects going at the moment.  One is a novel about the future, one I've been working on for over a year now.  I've gotten about fifty pages in and I'm stuck.  I think part of it is because I've been focused on it, how I see it ending that I'm not sure how to get there.  The other came about as a result of a conversation I had with a good friend while at church one day.  We spend our lives looking for the right person and we're rarely prepared for when we actually meet them.  So why not try to be ready, to put together something for that special person?  Who knows if it will even work, but I'm going to give it a try.

This is me and who I am.  I'm looking forward to the journey and hopefully other people are too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment