Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Apologies

I have been completely MIA lately and I'm sorry. I let life get away from me yet again and haven't focused on what I needed to be doing to get ahead as a writer. Let's just say this is take two on my trying to get better.

I've had a lot of great character ideas, especially while at work. One of my coworkers mentioned a certain kind of person, one of those action hero types and this person started to evolve in my brain. He had been someone who came from a broken home and did the only this he could do to feel involved: he joined the army. Working hard, he climbed the ranks, thinking he'd finally found a place to belong. But when he got hurt and was slated to a desk job and with that, he had to figure out where his place was when he wasn't on a battlefield.

Then my head keeps going and I start a romance novel in my head and I'm not sure I want to go that route. If I do, it'll be more like a realistic story and I'm not sure this is what I want to do.... Any suggestions?

Also, my website will be under going a MAJOR overhaul and there will be a twitter up soon. I have to be good about this and the more things I have to try to do everyday, the better I'll be. I can't keep letting events and life get in the way of what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment