Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It has definitely been a while.

I know that I am yet again giving apologies, but there was some family things that I needed to take care of. My grandmother passed away at the end of July and to be quite honest, I hadn't done anything the week prior to her passing and since then. It's been emotional and draining and I didn't have much in me.

Now, I've started something that I've been toying with for over a year now. And, it's definitely NOT easy. It entails creating my own mythology surrounding a kind of creature, making it work, using what's there, melding it to what I need. It is so much work, but I'm kind of jazzed about it. I have index cards in different colors on my doors at the moment and its kind of funny. They're all grouped together by different catagories. Seems a little more orderly than I usually am, but we'll see how it works.

For now, I'm going to go try to write as much as I can tonight. I don't get a lot of time to work since I've got a full time job, but since other authors make it work, I've got to suck it up and do this. No more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment